Certified Professional Childproofer (CPC)
To apply for the CPC designation, the candidate must:
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Agree to submit to a background check.
- Participate and be in good standing with the IAFCS group insurance program or an equivalent policy to insure general and professional liability insurance coverage for this industry.
- Promise to adhere to the CPC Code of Ethics.
- Submit application and pay associated fees.
To be eligible for the CPC designation, the candidate must:
- Pass the background check.
- Pass the CPC exam.
- Document at least 15 Continuing Education Units.
- Submit a minimum of 15 verifiable customer references from within the past two (2) years.
- Document a minimum of 600 field hours in the last two (2) years. A candidate may claim a maximum of 100 points of credit towards the required 600 required points/hours from substitute categories. A maximum of 150 hours are allowed from assessments/home evaluations.
Note: Certified Professional Babyproofer ® (CPB) may be used in place of Certified Professional Childproofer(CPC).