Advanced Certified Professional Childproofer (A-CPC)
To apply for the Advanced CPC designation, the candidate must:
- Have been a professional childproofer for at least three (3) years when applying.
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Agree to submit to a background check.
- Participate and be in good standing with the IAFCS group insurance program or an equivalent policy to insure general and professional liability insurance coverage for this industry.
- Promise to adhere to the CPC Code of Ethics.
- Submit application and pay associated fees.
To be eligible for the Advanced CPC designation, the candidate must:
- Pass the background check.
- Pass the CPC exam.
- Submit a minimum of 15 verifiable customer references from within the past year.
- Document at least 15 Continuing Education Units.
- Document a minimum of 1600 field hours in the last three (3) years. A candidate may claim a maximum of 100 points of credit towards the required 1600 required points/hours from substitute categories. A maximum of 150 hours are allowed from assessments/home evaluations. An experienced CPC with at least 1600 hours of field experience may earn the A-CPC designation with recertification, along with fulfillment of other program requirements.
- Submit and pass a written report based on one assessment/installation to completion.
Note: Advanced Certified Professional Babyproofer (A-CPB) may be used in place of Advanced Certified Professional Childproofer (A-CPC). Professionals in the United States and Canada complete all program requirements. Professionals located in other countries do not submit to a background check and have different requirements for CEUs.